The sociable contract
Where I introduce the sociable contract; a set of promises intended to keep this site user-friendly.
Its purpose is to meet these aims and aspirations.
Between The Public Good & the World.
- The site satisfies Web Content Accessibility Guidelines WCAG Level AAA in light mode; WCAG Level AA in dark mode, and Level AA for larger text.Check if this is true.
- The site scores at least 95% for Performance, Accessibility, Best Practices and SEO on Lighthouse, on both Desktop and Mobile.Find out how to use Lighthouse to check these scores.
- The site scores 'Cleaner than 85% of pages tested' using Website Carbon.
- The site contains no advertising.
- It does use local storage variable 'is-dark-mode' to store your preference for light or dark mode.
- Supports IE11 and all modern browsers (Edge, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera, et al) based on Next.js support
- Content or pages that are freely accessible will remain freely accessible in perpetuity.
- Any breach or contravention of the terms of this contract will be put right in a timely fashion.
- Breaches or contraventions of the terms of this contract, including their length and severity, will be published here with the date of the breach and the date when it was addressed.
- Reasonable criticism relating to the terms of this contract will be addressed and published here with the date of the criticism and the date when it was addressed.
- Any changes to this contract will be documented so that the original wording is maintained, and will be accompanied by an explanation of the reasons for the change.